Specialty Program 2016 | I.V. Therapy Online Program | 5 | Total Parenteral Nutrition
This course is Chapter 5 of the I.V. Therapy Online Program. Focus is on the introduction to and overview of current standards and guidelines that apply to parenteral nutrition and I.V. therapy. Course activities include workbook, four videos, a post-test and evaluation. You must achieve 80% on the post-test to earn contact hour credit.
►Click Continue to go to the course activities
- Composition of nutritional solutions
- Administration of total parenteral nutrition (TPN)
- Support page:
To earn contact hours for this activity:
- View the presentations.
- Study the handouts.
- Achieve 80% or higher on the exam. You can take the exam as many times as you wish.
- Complete the evaluation.
Additional program information
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this course, you should be better able to:
- Safely administer total parenteral nutrition (TPN).
- State the proper methods for monitoring a patient receiving TPN.
- List three potential complications of TPN.
Kay Coulter, RN, CRNI, VA-BC
Executive Director, Infusion Knowledge, Inc., Clearwater, Florida; Contracted Instructor, Continuing Nursing Education Department, St. Petersburg College, Clearwater, Florida
- 2.00 Contact hours