Specialty Program | I.V. Therapy | Selected Topics | Legal Aspects of Infusion Therapy
This course focuses on the legal aspects of infusion therapy and what healthcare professionals can do to protect their patients as well as limit liability. Course activities include workbook, four videos, a post-test and evaluation. You must achieve 80% on the post-test to earn contact hour credit.
- Introduction and Overview
- Legal Structure
- Elements of Negligence
- Selected Areas of Risk
- Protecting Yourself
To earn contact hours for this activity:
- View/listen to the presentations.
- Study the handouts.
- Achieve 80% or higher on the exam. You can take the exam as many times as you wish.
- Complete the evaluation.
After submitting the evaluation, you can download and print your certificate. A record of contact hours earned will be in your account for six years.
Additional program information
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this course, you should be better able to:
- Define the terms civil law and criminal law.
- List the four elements of negligence.
- Identify five areas of I.V. practice that risk liability.
- Implement four approaches to limit liability.
Kay Coulter, RN, CRNI, VA-BC
Executive Director, Infusion Knowledge, Inc., Clearwater, Florida; Contracted Instructor, Continuing Nursing Education Department, St. Petersburg College, Clearwater, Florida
- 1.50 Contact hours