Promoting First Relationships
This site is only for claiming contact hours if you attended a Promoting First Relationships workshop jointly provided by NCAST Programs, University of Washington. For more information about this workshop or to register in advance, contact Jennifer Duval, Program/Development Coordinator, NCAST Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.616.3823.
The goal of the Promoting First Relationships workshops is to enhance the ability of service providers to support caregivers' relationships with the children in their care.
Early intervention providers, public health nurses, child care providers, social workers, mental health therapists and home visitors.
After taking this activity set, you will be better able to:
- Apply a foundational knowledge of social-emotional development to promote secure and healthy relationships between caregivers and young children.
- Practice use of a positive, strengths-based model of teaching and consultation strategies to positively influence caregiver behavior.
- Utilize a deep understanding of infants' and toddlers' behaviors, feelings, and needs to address children's challenging behaviors.
- Present a video case study from own caseload and develop an intervention plan.
How to Get CE
1. Register and pay to cover registration costs and record-keeping.
2. Complete the attestation form verifying successful completion of the workshop requirements.
After payment, the attendance verification form can be found by clicking on the session you attended and then clicking the Continue button.
- 14.50 Contact hours
- 0.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level