Summer Seminar in Health Care Ethics
August 3-7, 2015
University of Washington Campus
Health Sciences Building T-439
About this seminar
This course is for onsite participants of the 28th Annual Summer Seminar in Health Care Ethics sponsored by the University of Washington School of Medicine Department of Bioethics and Humanities and the Office of Continuing Medical Education.
Please do not register on this website unless you have already attended (or plan to attend) the seminar scheduled for August 3-7, 2015.
This annual one week Seminar is an intensive, interactive introduction to the four-box method of analysis of ethical problems in clinical ethics, developed by Jonsen, Siegler and Winslade in their book Clinical Ethics. The Seminar also introduces the Core Competencies in Health Care Ethics Consultation.
This site is to register to claim your Continuing Nursing Education contact hours certificate only. Seminar registration or detailed information is NOT offered on this website. If you would like to register for or need information about the Seminar, please contact the University of Washington School of Medicine, Office of Continuing Medical Education at 206-543-1050.
After completing this Seminar, attendees should be able to:
- Identify fundamental concepts and principles for the understanding of ethical issues in clinical care
- Implement a method for analyzing ethical cases in clincial health care
- Employ skills in decision-making for clinical cases that present ethical problems
- Discuss current issues and cases in health care ethics
How to Get CE
- Register and pay to cover registration costs and record-keeping.
- Complete a quick attendance verification form for each lecture you attend. (After payment, the attendance verification form can be found by clicking on the session you attended and then clicking the Continue button.)
This Seminar has always attracted a mix of participants that resembles the actual participants who make ethical decisions in clinical care, making it possible to share different, but complementary views.
- 30.70 Contact hours