Joint-Provider CE 2015 | Geriatric Healthcare Series | Spring
March 31 - June 2, 2015
Contact Hours Only
This area is for onsite participants of the Geriatric Healthcare Telehealth Series who wish to earn contact hours in nursing for attending a live lecture. Please do not sign up for this item unless you have attended (or plan to attend) the lecture(s) in person at your agency. See the NWGEC website for information about contact hours for various disciplines.
For questions about signing up for a live lecture or how to get course materials, please contact Heather Wicklein Sanchez at the Northwest Geriatric Education Center (NWGEC).
About this lecture series
This program provides practical geriatric health promotion information for health care and social service professionals. The goal is to assist providers in developing and enhancing health promotion interventions to prevent disease and postpone further disability. Lectures cover an array of topics and are presented during live telecasts from the University of Washington Health Sciences Center to clinical settings in the Pacific Northwest.
This series is designed for healthcare providers including physicians, nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, physical and occupational therapists, psychologists, social workers, pharmacists and other interested professionals.
What participants have said about this lecture series:
"This is a great program for a busy adult family home owner."
"This is an excellent way to pick up CE credit. The information is useful not only in my own contacts with older adults, but is useful to pass on to caregivers and nursing home staff."
"The lectures gave me a lot of insight and ideas for dealing with health issues of the elderly. Thank you for having this program!"
After taking this activity set, you will be better able to:
- Describe the demographic trends and psychosocial contexts that impact older women's health.
- Identify the signs and symptoms associated with anemia.
- Discuss the importance of addressing sexuality and intimacy in aged population.
- Identify patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) based on currently accepted diagnostic criteria.
- Review complications of diabetes mellitus - screening, diagnosis and management.
- Describe the background of hoarding disorder, including definition, etiology and prevalence rates.
- Recognize pneumonia in an elderly patient.
- Sceen and assess older adults for unhealth alchohol use and alchohol use disorders.
- Counsel patients with voiding dysfunction about their treatment options.
- List ways that older adults may present differently with coronary artery disease.
How to Get CE
Sign up by clicking the first gray square below. (The one with a price.) You will be auto enrolled in each of the lectures.
Pay signup fee to cover registration costs and record-keeping.
Complete a quick attendance verification form for each lecture you attend. (After payment, the attendance verification form can be found by clicking on the session you attended and then clicking the Continue button.)
Your certificate will then be available at the bottom of this page, or through your My Account > My Activities. If the certificate button isn't showing, reload the page by pressing Ctrl R keys on your keyboard (Command R for Macs).
The certificate should list all lectures for which you have completed an attestation form.
If you make a mistake and attest to a lecture you did not attend, please call 206-543-1047 to reset your credits.
If you have any questions, please call 206-543-1047.
Helpful tips and forms
- Paper Contact Hours Application Form (for phone, mail or onsite registration)
- Step-By-Step Registration Instructions
Videos and handouts
This site is for certificate downloading only. Videos of the proceedings and handouts are not offered on this site. If you have questions about the lecture videos and other materials, please contact Heather Wicklein Sanchez at the Northwest Geriatric Education Center (NWGEC). Videos are posted on the NWGEC website as they become available. For more information, see: http://nwgec.org/educational-opportunities/lectures/online-videos/introduction.
|Admin Only Area|
|Onsite Coordinator Portal||Click Here|
|Admin Coordinator Portal||Click Here|
- 15.00 Contact hours
- 4.50 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level