CE Credit 2021 | Promoting First Relationships
Contact Hour Certificate Only
This site is for certificate payment/downloading only. If you have other questions about this activity, please contact Maureen Kuo at 206-543-8529. You may also visit Training on the Parent-Child Relationship Programs website for more information.
Use this site only if all three of the steps below apply to you.
- You attended an activity in this series.
- You want to receive a contact hour certificate to verify completion of the activity.
- You will be using a credit card to pay the contact hour recordkeeping fee.
HOW TO GET A CERTIFICATE
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of early emotions and how caregiver's and young children's feelings come together to build either secure or insecure relationships.
- Learn about and practice four types of consultation strategies that can help promote infant/toddler mental health in families and other caregiver-child relationships.
- Recognize important relationship qualities that enhance social and emotional development in young children:
- Trust and security (attachment) in infancy.
- Development of self (individuation) in toddlerhood.
- Recognize how underlying social and emotional needs contribute to children's challenging behaviors and become familiar with ways to address those needs.
- Apply the Promoting First Relationships concepts to a caregiver-child pair case study.