Endocrine Disorders (Mentored CE)
The endocrine system is the control center for the body. In this module, find out how complications of endocrine disorders affect overall health and the nursing interventions you can use to improve outcomes for the growing population of patients with diabetes.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Understand diabetes pathophysiology.
- Explain diabetes acute and chronic complications.
- Explain the rationale for using basal and prandial insulin.
- List signs and symptoms of hyper/hypothyroidism.
- Discuss signs and symptoms of hypo/hyperperfusion of the adrenal gland.
Heather Lien, DNP, MSN, FNP-BC, BC-ADM, CDE, CDTC
Diabetes/Med-Surg Clinical Nurse Specialist
UW Medicine/University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA