Topic 14: Mental Health Issues (Mentored CE 2017)
Please click the continue button to begin coursework for this activity.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this session, you will be able to:
Learning Objectives Part 1:
- Discuss the scope of mental illness in the U.S.
- Describe how stigma and fear affect the health of patients with psychiatric diagnoses.
- List two strategies to use when communicating with patients.
Learning Objectives Part 2:
- List two strategies to avoid when communicating with patients.
- Analyze how trauma is related to mental illness.
Timothy Meeks, MN, RN-BC
Clinical Nurse Educator for Behavioral Health, Clinical Education, UW Medicine/Harborview Medical Center, Seattle