Specialty Program 2014 | Medical-Surgical Review and Update Fall 2014 - ONLINE
If you are a former Med-Surg student, please go to the classroom by clicking the continue button.
This online continuing education course is designed to:
- Update and enhance your medical-surgical nursing knowledge and practice.
- Support you in preparing for certification in medical-surgical nursing.
The course is presented in an online format tailored to adult learners who are busy healthcare professionals. Teaching methods include lectures, supplementary media presentations, case studies, simulated testing, online discussion, reflective learning and a comprehensive online syllabus.
- Discuss the etiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, nursing process and patient education related to common medical-surgical diagnoses.
- Apply evidence-based strategies to nursing assessment and interventions.
- Discuss strategies that enhance patient safety.
- Explain the process of applying for national certification in medical-surgical nursing.
- Describe a situation in which course content is applied to nursing practice.
- 50.00 Contact hours