Specialty Program 2015 | Med-Surg 365-Targeted CE | Acute Pain Management
Please click the continue button to begin coursework for this activity. (You must be logged in to see the continue button.)
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this session, you will be able to:
- Discuss pain transmission and basic steps in nociception.
- Describe assessment of acute and chronic pain in the hospitalized patient.
- Describe the indications and uses of opiods, NSAIDs and adjuvant analgesics in acute pain.
- Discuss non-pharmacological management of pain.
Debra B. Gordon, DNP, MS, RN-BC, ACNS-BC, FAAN
Teaching Associate, Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, HMC; UW NIH Consortium Center of Excellence for Pain Education
- 2.50 Contact hours
- 0.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level