Specialty Program 2015 | Med-Surg 365-Targeted CE | Fluid, Electrolytes and Acid-Base Balance
Please click the continue button to begin coursework for this activity. (You must be logged in to see the continue button.)
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this session, you will be able to:
- Discuss mechanisms the body uses to maintain fluid and electrolyte balance.
- State the indications for different intravenous solutions.
- Analyze case situations for alterations in fluid and electrolyte balance.
- Discuss mechanisms the body uses to maintain acid-base balance.
- Correctly determine acid-base derangement in a given case.
Cindy Sayre, PhD(c), ARNP
Associate Administrator, Patient Care Services and Professional Practice, UW Medicine/UWMC
- 2.50 Contact hours
- 0.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level