Specialty Program 2016 | Med-Surg 365-Targeted CE | Infection Prevention
Please click the continue button to begin coursework for this activity.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this session, you will be able to:
1. Identify the leading causes of Healthcare Associated Infections (HAIs) in the United States hospitals.
2. Critically analyze certain nursing interventions that will help prevent HAIs.
3. Explain and demonstrate proper donning and doffing techniques.
4. Identify and describe the pathophysiology of MRSA and explain the theory behind methicillin resistance.
5. Apply the nursing process in solving case studies related to HAIs.
Vanessa A. Makarewicz, MN, RN-BC
Infection Control Operations Manager, UW Medicine/Harborview Medical Center, Seattle