Topic 17: Endocrine Disorders (Mentored CE 2015)
Please click the continue button to begin coursework for this activity. (You must be logged in to see the continue button.)
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this session, you will be able to:
- State the diagnostic criteria for diabetes.
- Explain the rationale for using basal and prandial insulin.
- State the mechanism of action of 2 oral medications for diabetes.
- List signs and symptoms of hyper/hypothyroidism.
- Discuss signs and symptoms of hypo/hyperfunction of the adrenal gland.
Cindy Sayre, PhD(c), ARNP
Associate Administrator, Patient Care Services and Professional Practice, UWMC