Topic 2: Fluid, Electrolytes and Acid/Base Balance (Mentored CE 2016)
Please click the continue button to begin coursework for this activity.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this session, you will be able to:
- Discuss mechanisms the body uses to maintain fluid and electrolyte balance.
- State the indications for different intravenous solutions.
- Analyze case situations for alterations in fluid and electrolyte balance.
- Discuss mechanisms the body uses to maintain acid-base balance.
- Correctly determine acid-base derangement in a given case.
Cindy Sayre, PhD, ARNP
Associate Administrator, Patient Care Services and Professional Practice, UW Medicine/UWMC