Week 10: Endocrine Disorders & Clinical Example Assignment III (August 11-August 18, 2014)
Please click the continue button to begin coursework for this activity.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this session, you will be able to:
1. State the diagnostic criteria for diabetes.
2. Explain the rationale for using basal and prandial insulin.
3. State the mechanism of action of 2 oral medications for diabetes.
4. List signs and symptoms of hyper/hypothyroidism.
5. Discuss signs and symptoms of hypo/hyperfunction of the adrenal gland.
Cindy Sayre, PhD(c), ARNP
Associate Administrator, Patient Care Services and Professional Practice, UWMC