Week 15: Endocrine Disorders (Med-Surg Onsite 2015)
Please click the continue button to begin coursework for this activity.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this session, you will be able to:
- State the diagnostic criteria for diabetes.
- Explain the rationale for using basal and prandial insulin.
- State the mechanism of action of 2 oral medications for diabetes.
- List signs and symptoms of hyper/hypothyroidism.
- Discuss signs and symptoms of hypo/hyperfunction of the adrenal gland.
Cindy Sayre, PhD(c), ARNP
Associate Administrator, Patient Care Services and Professional Practice, UWMC