Week 3: Renal System (Med-Surg Onsite 2018)
Please click the continue button to begin coursework for this activity.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this session, you will be able to:
1. Identify populations at higher risk for kidney disease.
2. Describe the functions of the kidney.
3. Discuss how to assess for acute kidney injury.
1. State causes of chronic kidney disease.
2. Describe manifestations of chronic kidney disease.
3. Discuss options for renal replacement therapy.
Nancy Colobong Smith, MN, ARNP, CNN
Clinical Nurse Specialist, Renal and Transplant, UW Medicine/University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle