Week 5: B | Sepsis Management (Med-Surg 2019)
Anyone can get an infection, and any infection can lead to sepsis. By understanding the signs of sepsis and the importance of a rapid response, you are in a position to save lives. This module will also give you tools to effectively communicate the urgency of a situation to other providers on your team.
Week 5 begins on Thursday, February 7, 2018, and includes two topics:
- A|Infection Prevention and Control
- B|Sepsis Management
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Define sepsis and discuss the prevalence of sepsis.
- Describe the basic pathophysiology of sepsis.
- Describe the current evidence in treating sepsis.
- Discuss the role of nursing in improving outcomes for patients with sepsis.
Mary Jo Kelly, RN, MN, CCRN, CCNS, ACNS-BC
Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist
UW Medicine/Northwest Hospital & Medical Center, Seattle, WA