Week 5: A | Infection Prevention and Control (Med-Surg 2019)
Only you can prevent Healthcare Associated Infections! Bonus video includes a demonstration of proper donning and doffing of personal protective equipment (PPE).
Week 5 begins on Thursday, February 7, 2018, and includes two topics:
- A|Infection Prevention and Control
- B|Sepsis Management
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Identify the leading causes of Healthcare Associated Infections (HAIs) in United States hospitals.
- Critically analyze certain nursing interventions that will help prevent HAIs.
- Explain and demonstrate proper donning and doffing techniques.
- Identify and describe the pathophysiology of MRSA and explain the theory behind methicillin resistance.
Vanessa Makarewicz, MN, RN-BC
Infection Control Operations Manager, UW Medicine/Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA
Affiliate Instructor, Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, University of Washington School of Nursing, Seattle, WA