Week 7: Neurological Impairment (July 21-July 27, 2014)
Please click the continue button to begin coursework for this activity.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this session, you will be able to:
1. Describe two components of the neuro examination.
2. State two nursing interventions to prevent neurologic complications.
3. Correlate syndromes of neurologic impairment to physical examination.
1. State two ways to engage patients in their care of chronic neurologic conditions.
2. Describe the nurses role in stroke prevention.
Joni B. Herrington, MN, RN-BC, CNRN, SCRN, ACNS-BC
Neuroscience/Rehabilitation Clinical Nurse Specialist, UW Medicine/University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle