Specialty Program 2015 | Med-Surg 365-Mentored CE
Med-Surg CE anytime, anywhere.
Registration for this course is available June 8, 2015 - December 31, 2015.
This online continuing education course provides a comprehensive update on key topics in evidence-based medical-surgical nursing practice. The course is designed to meet two goals: 1) enhance practice in medical-surgical nursing and 2) support nurses in pursuing national certification.
This course is presented in an online format tailored to adult learners with busy professional schedules.
- Access an instructor/mentor while you learn!
- Learn at your own pace.
- Have access to class resources for 365 days (1 year) after course enrollment.
Teaching methods include handouts, videos, supplementary presentations, case studies, simulated testing and reflective learning.
Lectures were recorded live at the University of Washington during the onsite course held January-April, 2015.
Who would benefit from this course
Registered nurses, including experienced medical-surgical nurses, nurse educators, ambulatory care and specialty care nurses, nurses in transition to new units and work settings and nurses re-entering the nursing profession.
"This class motivated me to start working towards my masters degree because I forgot how much learning about all of these topics is so thrilling. Sometimes working on the floor you forget that piece, but this class reminded me of that, thank you!"
"ALL of the speakers embodied for me, why I'm so proud to be a nurse. They were inspiring and deeply care about their patients and their students in this class. I truly, truly appreciate all of the hard work they did to prepare for their presentations. I learned from and enjoyed the presentations from each and every one of them. Thank you!"
"I took this online course as I am re-entering direct patient care after many years in employee health. I am working on a inpatient rehabilitation unit, and this information gave me a good, sturdy start for all the things I need to know."
"I am recommeding this course to all of my colleagues! I've been a nurse for 33 years and have specialized in a variety of areas, but this course brought me back to a more generalized level of expertise. This was money well spent. I would not hesitate to take another course from UWCNE. Thank you so much for this opportunity to learn!"
"The nurse mentor was very helpful and encouraging. I got sick, was busy with family and was working at the same time. But knowing that somebody is there, offering anything she can do to help is really very encouraging. I had a very good experience with this online class. Thank you!"
Eight benefits of this online course!
- Earn 45.0 contact hours.
- Learn at your own pace in your own home.
- Save travel and lodging expenses.
- Watch lectures by expert clinicians.
- Interact online with a course mentor who is an expert medical-surgical nurse.
- Practice your test-taking skills online.
- Access class resources for 365 days (1 year) after course enrollment.
- Gain self-confidence, competence, leadership and initiative.
Med-Surg 365 mentor
Constance Hirnle, MN, RN-BC
Former Senior Lecturer, UW School of Nursing; Former Professional Development Specialist, Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle
After completing this course, you will be prepared to:
- Discuss the etiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, nursing process and patient education related to common medical-surgical diagnoses.
- Apply evidence-based strategies to nursing assessment and interventions.
- Discuss strategies that enhance patient safety.
- Explain the process of applying for national certification in medical-surgical nursing.
- Describe a situation in which course content is applied to nursing practice.
- Focused Caring
- Fluid, Electrolytes and Acid/Base Balance
- Renal System
- Wound Care
- Sepsis Management
- Infection Prevention
- Respiratory Disorders
- Orthopedic Topics
- Cardiovascular Impairment
- Caring for the Older Adult
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Hematologic Disorders
- Neurological Disorders
- Mental Health Issues
- Acute Pain Management
- GI Disorders
- Endocrine Disorders
Not sure where to start? This orientation gives you the overview you need to succeed.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
Fill out our Group/Employee Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.
- 45.00 Contact hours