Specialty Program 2016 | Med-Surg 365-Targeted CE
Medical-Surgical Review and Update
Med-Surg CE anytime, anywhere.
Registration opens: June 6, 2016
Registration closes: December 31, 2016
This online continuing education offering provides a comprehensive update on key topics in evidence-based medical-surgical nursing practice. The topics are designed to enhance practice in medical-surgical nursing.
Targeted Med-Surg CE is presented in an online format tailored to adult learners with busy professional schedules.
- Take only what you need. Craft your own learning experience!
- Select topics à la carte.
- Learn at your own pace.
- CE Credit: Variable (1.5 – 2.5 contact hours per topic)
- Tuition: $25-35 per topic
Teaching methods include handouts, videos and reflective learning.
Learn more about Targeted CE
Who would benefit from this series
Registered nurses, including experienced medical-surgical nurses, nurse educators, ambulatory care and specialty care nurses, nurses in transition to new units and work settings and nurses re-entering the nursing profession.
Six benefits of Targeted CE!
- Earn up to 37.5 contact hours.
- Learn at your own pace in your own home.
- Customize your learning experience.
- Save travel and lodging expenses.
- Watch lectures by expert clinicians.
- Access class resources for 365 days (1 year) after series enrollment.
After completing this offering, you will be prepared to:
- Discuss the etiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, nursing process and patient education related to common medical-surgical diagnoses.
- Apply evidence-based strategies to nursing assessment and interventions.
- Discuss strategies that enhance patient safety.
- Describe specific, measurable changes in which lecture content can be applied to nursing practice.
- Barbara Albertson, MN, RN-BC, Clinical Nurse Educator, UWMC
- Paula Cox-North, PhD, ARNP, Nurse Practitioner, HMC; Clinical Assistant Professor, UWSON
- Erin Eddington Alden, MN, RN-BC, CMSRN, ACNS-BC, Acute Care Clinical Nurse Specialist, HMC
- Kimberly Hayes, MSN, RN, CPAN, Pain Educator, HMC
- Joni Herrington, MN, RN-BC, CNRN, ACNS-BC, Neuroscience/ Rehabilitation Clinical Nurse Specialist, UWMC
- Colleen Karvonen, MN, RN, CMSRN, CWON, Wound/Ostomy Clinical Nurse Specialist, UWMC; Affiliate Instructor, BNHS, UWSON
- Mary Jo Kelly, MN, RN, ACNS-BC, CCNS, CCRN, Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist, NWHMC
- Vanessa A. Makarewicz, MN, RN-BC, Infection Control Operations Manager, UW Medicine/Harborview Medical Center; Affiliate Instructor, BNHS, UWSON
- Timothy Meeks, MN, RN-BC, Clinical Nurse Educator for Behavioral Health, Clinical Education, HMC
- Joanie Santucci, MN, RN, OCNS-C, CWCN, Wound Care Nurse, MultiCare Auburn Medical Center
- Cindy Sayre, PhD, ARNP, Course Director; Associate Administrator, Patient Care Services and Professional Practice, UWMC
- Nancy Colobong Smith, MN, ARNP, CNN, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Renal and Transplant, UWMC; Affiliate Instructor, BNHS, UWSON
- Laurie A. Soine, PhD, ARNP, Nurse Practitioner, Nuclear Cardiology, UWMC
- Kristen Swanson, PhD, RN, FAAN, Dean, College of Nursing, Seattle University, Seattle, WA
- Lenise Taylor, MN, RN, AOCNS, Hematologic Malignancies/BMT Clinical Nurse Specialist, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance/UWMC
- Patsy Treece, MN, RN, Critical Care Research Nurse, HMC; Clinical Faculty, BNHS, UWSON
BNHS=Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems
HMC=UW Medicine/Harborview Medical Center, Seattle
UW=University of Washington, Seattle
UWCNE=Continuing Nursing Education, UW School of Nursing
UWMC=UW Medicine/University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle
UWSON=UW School of Nursing, Seattle
(Internet Explorer does not work with our website. If your work computer has IE, please access our website from your phone, tablet or laptop at home.)
- 37.50 Contact hours