Specialty Program 2017 | Med-Surg 365-Targeted CE
Medical-Surgical Review and Update
Med-Surg CE anytime, anywhere.
Registration opens: June 5, 2017
Registration closes: December 31, 2017
New course coming June 2018! Click here to learn more.
This online continuing education offering provides a comprehensive update on key topics in evidence-based medical-surgical nursing practice. The topics are designed to enhance practice in medical-surgical nursing.
Targeted Med-Surg CE is presented in an online format tailored to adult learners with busy professional schedules.
- Take only what you need. Craft your own learning experience!
- Select topics à la carte.
- Learn at your own pace.
- CE Credit: Variable (1.33 – 2.5 contact hours per topic)
- Tuition: $22-35 per topic
Teaching methods include handouts, videos and reflective learning.
Who would benefit from this series
Registered nurses, including experienced medical-surgical nurses, nurse educators, ambulatory care and specialty care nurses, nurses in transition to new units and work settings and nurses re-entering the nursing profession.
Six benefits of Targeted CE!
- Earn up to 37.0 contact hours.
- Learn at your own pace in your own home.
- Customize your learning experience.
- Save travel and lodging expenses.
- Watch lectures by expert clinicians.
- Access class resources for 365 days (1 year) after series enrollment.
After completing this offering, you will be prepared to:
- Discuss the etiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, nursing process and patient education related to common medical-surgical diagnoses.
- Apply evidence-based strategies to nursing assessment and interventions.
- Discuss strategies that enhance patient safety.
- Describe specific, measurable changes in which lecture content can be applied to nursing practice.
- Barbara Albertson, MN, RN-BC, Clinical Nurse Educator, UWMC
- Carrie A. Boom, MN, ACNP, ARNP, Teaching Associate, Department of Medicine-Cardiology, University of Washington
- Paula Cox-North, PhD, ARNP, Nurse Practitioner, HMC; Clinical Assistant Professor, UWSON
- Erin Eddington Alden, MN, RN-BC, CMSRN, ACNS-BC, Med/Surg Clinical Nurse Specialist | Stroke Coordinator, UW Medicine/Valley Medical Center, Renton
- Kimberly Hayes, MSN, RN, CPAN, Pain Educator, HMC
- Joni Herrington, MN, RN-BC, CNRN, ACNS-BC, Neuroscience/ Rehabilitation Clinical Nurse Specialist, UWMC
- Colleen Karvonen, MN, RN, CMSRN, CWON, Wound/Ostomy Clinical Nurse Specialist, UWMC; Affiliate Instructor, BNHS, UWSON
- Mary Jo Kelly, MN, RN, ACNS-BC, CCNS, CCRN, Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist, NWHMC
- Vanessa A. Makarewicz, MN, RN-BC, Infection Control Operations Manager, UW Medicine/Harborview Medical Center; Affiliate Instructor, BNHS, UWSON
- Timothy Meeks, MN, RN-BC, Clinical Nurse Educator for Behavioral Health, Clinical Education, HMC
- Joanie Santucci, MN, RN, OCNS-C, CWCN, Wound Care Nurse, MultiCare Auburn Medical Center
- Cindy Sayre, PhD, ARNP, Course Director; Associate Administrator, Patient Care Services and Professional Practice, UWMC
- Nancy Colobong Smith, MN, ARNP, CNN, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Renal and Transplant, UWMC; Affiliate Instructor, BNHS, UWSON
- Kristen Swanson, PhD, RN, FAAN, Dean, College of Nursing, Seattle University, Seattle, WA
- Lenise Taylor, MN, RN, AOCNS, Hematologic Malignancies/BMT Clinical Nurse Specialist, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance/UWMC
- Patsy Treece, MN, RN, Critical Care Research Nurse, HMC; Clinical Faculty, BNHS, UWSON
- Hal Ungerleider, BASRC, RRT, Manager of Respiratory Care, UW Medicine/Northwest Hospital & Medical Center, Seattle
BNHS=Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems
HMC=UW Medicine/Harborview Medical Center, Seattle
UW=University of Washington, Seattle
UWCNE=Continuing Nursing Education, UW School of Nursing
UWMC=UW Medicine/University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle
UWSON=UW School of Nursing, Seattle
VMC= UIW Medicine/University of Washington Medical Center, Renton
(Internet Explorer does not work with our website. If your work computer has IE, please access our website from your phone, tablet or laptop at home.)
- 37.00 Contact hours