Specialty Program | Med-Surg 365
This online continuing education course provides a comprehensive update on key topics in evidence-based medical-surgical nursing practice. The course is designed to meet two goals: 1) to enhance practice in medical-surgical nursing, and 2) to support nurses in pursuing national certification.
Med-Surg 365 - Mentored CE is presented in an online format tailored to suit adult learners with busy professional schedules.
- Register at any time and get 365 days from the date of enrollment to finish.
- Set your own schedule and learn at your own pace.
- Consult with a nurse mentor.
- Teaching methods include video lectures, handouts, practice tests and reflective learning exercises.
- Supplementary resources help you prepare for the certification exam.
Lectures were recorded live at the University of Washington, January-April, 2018.
Meet the Nurse Mentor
Mentored CE means you're not alone. Your nurse mentor is an experienced nurse educator who will encourage you throughout the course, respond to questions and assignments, and monitor your progress toward completion.
Shirley Kopf-Klakken, MSN, RN
Professional Development Specialist
Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle
Who would benefit from this course
Registered nurses, including experienced medical-surgical nurses, nurse educators, ambulatory care and specialty care nurses, nurses in transition to new units and work settings and nurses re-entering the nursing profession.
"Thank you so much for this great experience. I feel like I'm returning to work with extra tools I need to be successful in providing safe patient care. The certification will be a reinforcement of the knowledge and experience I have and is a step forward in my career."
"ALL of the speakers embodied for me, why I'm so proud to be a nurse. They were inspiring and deeply care about their patients and their students in this class. I truly, truly appreciate all of the hard work they did to prepare for their presentations. I learned from and enjoyed the presentations from each and every one of them."
After completing this course, you will be better prepared to:
- Discuss the etiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, nursing process and patient education related to common medical-surgical diagnoses.
- Apply evidence-based strategies to nursing assessment and interventions.
- Discuss strategies that enhance patient safety.
- Explain the process of applying for national certification in medical-surgical nursing.
- Describe a situation in which course content is applied in nursing practice.
More about Med-Surg 365
UW Continuing Nursing Education
(Internet Explorer does not work with our website. If your work computer has IE, please access our website from your phone, tablet or laptop at home.)
UWCNE is proud to be accredited with distinction as a provider of Continuing Nursing Education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation (ANCC).
Registering a Group or an Employee?
Fill out a Group/Employee Registration Form. Our registration manager will process your request and notify by email.
- 46.50 Contact hours