CE Credit | Hepatitis C Online | 2 | Evaluation, Staging and Monitoring of Chronic Hepatitis C
This module is intended for clinicians involved in long-term management of persons with chronic hepatitis C infection. Content includes initial evaluation, natural history, preventing liver damage, staging of liver fibrosis, evaluation of cirrhosis, surveillance for hepatocellular carcinoma, and recognition of extrahepatic manifestations.
The Hepatitis C Online Course is funded by a grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and is offered for free to healthcare professionals.
Publish Date: August 1, 2013. This course will be available for three years from this date.
Clinicians who play a substantial role in the long-term management of patients with chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection, including primary care physicians, advanced registered nurse practitioners, physician assistants, infectious diseases specialists, gastroenterologists and hepatologists
- Initial evaluation of patients with chronic hepatitis C infection
- Natural history summaries of persons with hepatitis C infection
- Counseling patients for preventing further liver insults
- Evaluation for the extent of hepatitis C-related liver fibrosis
- Compensated vs decompensated cirrhosis
- Hepatocellular carcinoma surveillance
- Hepatitis C-related extrahepatic manifestations
- 7.00 Contact hours