Self-Study | Neuropsychotropic Drug Therapy 2012
This online education series is designed at the advanced practice level as a pharmacology update for nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, nurses and other healthcare professionals in all settings.
The series was recorded in June 2012 at a conference in Seattle, Washington provided by Continuing Nursing Education at the University of Washington School of Nursing. Course format includes video and audio presentation and handouts.
Publish Date: July 1, 2012. This course will be available for three years from this date.
Upon completion of each course, participants will be able to do the following for selected drugs and age groups:
- Discuss relevant principles of physiology, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics.
- Give a rationale for selecting a drug of choice.
- Identify the goals of drug therapy.
- Identify desired drug effects and evaluate patient response.
- Describe special dosage situations.
- Identify appropriate patient learning needs.
- Mary Ann Nihart, MA, PMHNP, PMHCS, BC
Nurse Manager, Outpatient Mental Health Services, Veteran’s Administration Medical Center, San Francisco; Clinical Faculty, University of California, Davis, CA
- Nancy Lee, PharmD, BCPS
Clinical Pharmacist, Internal Medicine, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle
- Yun McFall, RPh, BCPP
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Mental Health, VAPSHCS
- Gary Stobbe, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor, Neurology and Psychiatry, UW School of Medicine; Director, Adult Transition Program, Seattle Children’s Autism Center, Seattle
- Cora Collette Breuner, MD, MPH
Faculty Pediatrician and Adolescent Medicine Provider, Seattle Children’s; Professor, Adolescent Medicine, Pediatrics; Adjunct Professor, Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, UW School of Medicine
- Patricia Paddison, MD, PLLC
Psychiatrist, Private Practice, Bellevue, WA
For nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, nurses and healthcare professionals in all settings.
Audio and Video
- 8.40 Contact hours
- 8.40 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level