Online Education | Adult/Geriatric Drug Therapy 2019: Deprescribing in the Elderly
Deprescribing in the Elderly
This module will focus on the process, guidelines and barriers of deprescribing medication in the elderly.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Explain the concept and process of deprescribing.
- Provide sources of guidance for deprescribing and prioritization of what to deprescribe.
- Recognize barriers to the deprescribing process.
- Apply deprescribing tools to specific cases.
Carol Crawford, PharmD, BCPS, BCGP
Clinical Pharmacist, 3 West Clinics, UW Medicine/Harborview Medical Center, Seattle
- 1.10 Contact hours
- 1.10 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level