Online Education | Adult/Geriatric Drug Therapy 2019: Heart Failure
Heart Failure: Focused Update in Older Adults
This module will focus on the pharmacological management of heart failure in older adults.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Review typical and atypical HF symptoms presented by older adults.
- Explain the role of BNP/proBNP in the screening, diagnosis, follow up and prognosis of HF in the older adult.
- Discuss pharmacologic management of patients including newer agents.
- Review educational material that may assist older adults in managing their disease.
Debra Laurent, MN, ARNP, ACNP-BC
Cardiovascular and Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Swedish Heart and Vascular Institute, Issaquah, WA
- 1.20 Contact hours
- 1.20 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level