Online Education | Adult/Geriatric Drug Therapy 2019: Are DOACs the New Warfarin?
Are DOACs the New Warfarin?
This module will focus the use of direct oral anticoagulants (DOACs) in the geriatric population.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Compare and contrast direct oral anticoagulants (DOACs) to vitamin K antagonists (VKA).
- Identify appropriate use of DOACs.
- Critically evaluate literature supporting the use of DOACs.
- Recognize significant drug interactions related to DOACs.
- Develop a therapeutic plan utilizing DOACs in the geriatric population.
Karissa Lee, PharmD
Pharmacy Resident, Ambulatory Care, Dept of Pharmacy and Family Medicine, UW Medicine/Harborview Medical Center, Seattle
- 1.00 Contact hours
- 1.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level