On-Demand | Adult/Geriatric Drug Therapy 2021: Ambulatory Alcohol Withdrawal Management
Ambulatory Alcohol Withdrawal Management
Dr. Yeh is a third-year resident at Swedish First Hill Family Medicine Residency with a particular interest in addiction medicine. Her continuity clinic is at the Ballard site and has a high volume of patients with chronic pain and substance use disorders.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Describe signs and symptoms of alcohol withdrawal.
- Review risk assessment tools and criteria to stratify patients to ambulatory versus inpatient care of alcohol withdrawal.
- Describe pharmacotherapy for ambulatory alcohol withdrawal management.
- Discuss monitoring protocols following initiation of treatment and criteria to escalate to next level of care.
- Review local and online resources for psychosocial support.
- 1.00 Contact hours
- 1.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level