On-Demand Program | Cardiovascular Care Update 2020
Cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease are the number one cause of death in women and men in the United States. Evaluation and management of patients with cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease is a challenge that impacts every healthcare practice. This premier Pacific Northwest conference for healthcare professionals provides an outstanding annual forum for learning about cutting-edge research and state-of-the-art strategies for prevention and management of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease. Teaching methods include lecture, case study analysis and discussion.
For nurses, advanced practice nurses, clinical nurse specialists and other health care professionals in all settings including acute, critical care, ambulatory care, community, public health and long term care.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Describe alterations in renal blood flow and perfusion that occur in the setting of heart failure.
- Understand 3 evidence-based eating plans in regards to cardiovascular health.
- Implement exercise medicine in clinical practice.
- Understand guideline directed treatment of ACS.
- Describe treatment approaches for aortic aneurysms.
- Recognize risks and adverse events associated with the use of blood.
- Discuss current best practices with mechanical circulatory support.
- Cardiorenal Syndrome - Carrie Boom, MN, ANP-BC, ACNP-BC
- Nutrition In The Prevention Of Cardiovascular Disease - Deanna Tregoning, MSN, ARNP
- The Physical Inactivity Crisis: Ways to Address in Your Practices & Community - Cindy Lin, MD, FACSM
- The Spectrum of Acute Coronary Syndrome - Tara Togstad, PA-C
- Aortic Disease - Chris Burke, MD
- Transfusion Medicine in Cardiac Surgery: An Evidence Based Approach - Monica Pagano, MD
- Mechanical Circulatory Support in Cardiogenic Shock - Janet Regan-Baggs, DNP, RN, CCNS, CCRN-K
- Carrie Boom, MN, ANP-BC, ACNP-BC
Senior Lead APP for UW Cardiology, Co-Lead Cardiac ICU, UW Division of Cardiology, UW Medicine/University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle
- Chris Burke, MD
Cardiothoracic surgeon, UWMC; Associate Program Director of the Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency Program; Co-Director, UWMC Thoracic Aorta Program; Assistant Professor of Cardiac Surgery, UW School of Medicine
- Cindy Lin, MD, FACSM
Clinical Associate Professor & Associate Director of Clinical Innovation, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, The Sports Institute at UW Medicine, UW Eastside Specialty Center, Sports Medicine, Bellevue
- Monica Pagano, MD
Medical Director Transfusion Services, UW Medical Center – Montlake
- Tara Togstad, PA-C
PA-C, Swedish Medical Center Inpatient Cardiology team.
- Deanna Tregoning, MN, ARNP
Teaching Associate, AF Program, University of Washington Division of Cardiology
UW=University of Washington, Seattle
- 6.80 Contact hours