Online Education | Adult/Geriatric Drug Therapy 2013 - An Update on Antimicrobial Use and Overuse
This course focuses on antimicrobial use and overuse. Content details are provided in the learning objectives below.
For nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, nurses, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals in all settings.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After taking this course, you will be better able to:
- Identify some of the recent updates in antimicrobial therapy.
- Summarize emerging resistance patterns in the community.
- Describe ways to practice judicious use of antimicrobials.
- Identify implications of antimicrobial overuse in clinical practice.
Susan Cho, PharmD
Pharmacology Practice Resident, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle
- 1.40 Contact hours
- 1.40 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level