Online Education | Diabetes Update 2015 - Diabetes in the Latino Community: Unique Challenges
This module focuses on the challenges and disparities of the diabetes population in the Latino community.
Lorena Alarcon-Casas Wright, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor, Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Nutrition, UW School of Medicine
What conference attendees said about this speaker and lecture:
"An extremely relevant talk."
"Loved Dr. Lorena Alarcon-Casas Wright's talk. This topic was very interesting; I would like more talks like it!"
For nurses, nurse practitioners, nurse educators, certified diabetes educators, dietitians, nutritionists, pharmacists, social workers, nurses, nurse practitioners, nurse educators, certified diabetes educators, dietitians, nutritionists, pharmacists, social workers and other healthcare professionals across all settings.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After taking this course, you will be better able to:
- Provide information on the state of diabetes in the Latino community.
- Illuminate aspects of social determinants of health, challenges and gaps in the health care system that contribute to diabetes disparities in this population.
- Spread knowledge and awareness.
- Discuss strategies to close gaps in diabetes disparities.
- 1.10 Contact hours
- 0.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level