Online Education | Pediatric Drug Therapy 2014 - Autism Pharmacology Update
This online module focuses on pharmacology for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
For nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, nurses, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals in all settings.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After taking this course, you will be better able to:
- Identify common target symptoms for pharmacological treatment interventions in children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Describe common elements of a comprehensive treatment plan for a child with ASD.
- Discuss the common medications used to aid in the management of symptoms associated with ASD.
- Recognize there is investment in identifying novel drugs to treat symptoms as well as the core deficits of ASD.
Jeffrey E. Lindenbaum, MD, FAAP, FSAM
Clinical Professor of Pediatrics, University of Washington School of Medicine; Director of Teen Medicine, Group Health, Seattle
- 1.20 Contact hours
- 1.20 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level