Online Education | UW Wound Academy | Diabetic Foot Ulcers: Prevention and Management
This module explores the epidemiology, pathophysiology, assessment, management and prevention of diabetic foot ulcers (DFUs).
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this module, you will be better able to:
- Define common terminology associated with diabetic foot ulcers (DFUs).
- List the risk factors linked to DFUs.
- Identify the pathophysiology related to development of a DFU.
- Describe the assessment process for a patient with a DFU.
- Discuss appropriate multidisciplinary management for the patient with a DFU.
- Summarize appropriate education for a patient with a DFU.
- Risk factors for foot ulcers
- Vascular disease
- The Wagner Scale
- Assessment for motor neuropathy
- Multidisciplinary management
- Hyperbaric oxygen
- 1.50 Contact hours