Online Education | UW Wound Academy | Lower Extremity Venous Ulcers
This module focuses on assessment strategies and treatment objectives for lower extremity venous ulcers.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this module, you will be better able to:
- Describe the basic pathophysiology of venous ulcers.
- Identify the distinguishing characteristics of venous ulcers.
- Discuss the major treatment objectives for venous ulcers.
A Recommended Management Pathway for Venous Ulcers
- Patient and wound assessment
- Pathophysiology of chronic venous insufficiency
- Noninvasive vascular assessment
- Segmental pressure recordings
- Duplex ultrasonography
- Recommendations for treatment (compression)
- Dressing selection and education
- Treatment of mobile and immobile patients
- 1.50 Contact hours