Online Education | Pediatric Drug Therapy 2016 - Every Dose Counts! The Why and How of Outpatient Antimicrobial Stewardship
This online module focuses on the importance of responsible management of antibiotic prescriptions in the pediatric outpatient setting.
Matthew Kronman, MD, MSCE
Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Washington, Seattle
Comments from lecture attendees:
"This lecture was on point! I will certainly be using these recommendations in my practice."
"I will think twice (or three times) before starting oral antibiotics!"
For nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, nurses, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals in all settings.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After taking this course, you will be better able to:
- Discuss the importance of antimicrobial stewardship in the outpatient setting.
- Identify behaviors that affect acceptance of stewardship recommendations among patients.
- Describe effective outpatient stewardship interventions.
- Review recommended antibiotic selections for common pediatric outpatient respiratory infections.
- 1.00 Contact hours
- 1.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level