Pediatric Drug Therapy 2013
This online course is designed as a pharmacology update for nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, nurses and healthcare professionals in all settings. Each module focuses on current recommendations and pharmacotherapeutic principles for pediatric health problems commonly seen in primary care.
This course was recorded in March 2013 at a conference provided by Continuing Nursing Education at the University of Washington School of Nursing. Teaching methods include video, audio and downloadable handouts.
Publish Date: May 20, 2013. This course will be available for three years from this date.
Nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, nurses and healthcare professionals in all settings.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
- Describe relevant principles of physiology, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics.
- Give a rationale for selecting a drug of choice.
- Identify the goals of drug therapy.
- Identify desired drug effects and patient response.
- Describe special dosage situations.
- Identify appropriate patient learning needs.