Self-Study | Adult/Geriatric Drug Therapy 2012 - Metabolic Syndrome: What's New and What's Not
Content presented in this module is described in the learning objectives below. Teaching methods include a lecture and printable handout.
For nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, nurses and health care professionals in all settings.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After taking this course, you will be better able to:
- Define metabolic syndrome criteria for diagnosis and treatment.
- Review the pathophysiology of the metabolic syndrome.
- List the various pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions that would assist your patients with metabolic syndrome.
- Describe the newest trends in the care of patients with metabolic syndrome.
Debra Laurent, MN, ARNP, ACNP
Cardiovascular and Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Seattle Cardiology, Swedish Heart and Vascular, Seattle; Clinical Assistant Professor, Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, UW School of Nursing, Seattle
- 1.50 Contact hours
- 1.50 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level