Wound Academy Course 1: Wound Assessment and Preparation for Healing
Course 1 is presented in four modules which progress from 1) basic understanding of the skin and its functions in relation to the wound healing process, 2) how the body heals and mechanisms used in defense against infections, 3) wound bed preparation and assessment of healing, and 4) wound assessment and documentation. Teaching methods include readings, illustrations, interactive exercises, and self-assessment quizzes.
After taking this course, you will be better able to:
- Identify and describe the components of wound assessment.
- Discuss wound bed preparation and assessment factors that help and hinder wound healing.
- Describe mechanisms of wound healing, the body's defense mechanisms, and protection from invading microorganisms.
- Describe the structure and functions of the skin, composition of the blood, and their roles in would healing.
- 4.30 Contact hours
- 0.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level