On-Demand Program | Med-Surg 365 | The Renal System
The Renal System
This module provides training in renal assessment, tips for identifying the causes and clinical manifestations of acute kidney injury and chronic kidney disease, and a greater understanding of why every nurse is a kidney nurse.
Nancy Colobong Smith, MN, ARNP, CNN
Clinical Nurse Specialist, Renal and Transplant, UW Medicine/UW Medical Center-Montlake, Seattle
Affiliate Instructor, Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, UW School of Nursing, Seattle
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the end of this module, participants will be better able to:
- Identify populations at higher risk for kidney disease.
- Describe the functions of the kidney.
- Discuss how to assess for acute kidney injury.
- State causes of chronic kidney disease.
- Describe manifestations of chronic kidney disease.
- Discuss options for renal replacement therapy.
- 2.50 Contact hours