On-Demand Program | Midwifery Update 2021
This program will be focusing on reproductive justice. Midwifery, pregnancy, and birthing care touches many different people in many different stages of life, and this Midwifery Update will present key health updates while centering antiracism, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
For Nurses, Midwives, Birthing Care Professionals, and other Healthcare Professionals who work in the community, in hospitals, ambulatory settings, urgent care clinics, and other healthcare settings that address midwifery, pregnancy, and birthing care.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, participants will be better able to:
- Discuss the current and most common standards of obstetrical practice and how they result in increased birth trauma.
- Identify the inherent racism/bias of hospital based L&D emergency Covid policies.
- Understand the options for early pregnancy termination.
- Talk about the potential of community-led healthcare for pregnancy, birth, and beyond.
- Review a systematic road map to building operationalizes anti-racism in a clinical setting.
Featured Topics and Speakers
- Examining the R.O.O.T.S of Poor Perinatal Outcomes - Nicole Deggins, CNM, MSN, MPH
- Covid Response and Obstetric Protocols - Monica Larrea de Arellano, LM, CPM
- Midwives as Abortion Providers in Washington State (Rx) - Meghan Eagen-Torkko, PhD, CNM, ARNP
- Birth Bundle Project - Tara Lawal, MS, RN & Jodilyn Owen, LM, CPM, MMCHSc
- Informed Consent with an Anti-Racist Lens - Jemma Nonog, DNP, CNM
- 6.00 Contact hours
- 1.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level