Online Education | Neuropsychotropic Drug Therapy 2018 | Military Sexual Trauma
Best Practices and Treatment Needs of Veterans
Laura Marie LaPlante, MD
Staff Psychiatrist, PTSD Outpatient Clinic
VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA
Julia Sewell, LICSW
Military Sexual Trauma Coordinator, VA PSHCS, Seattle, WA
Clinical Social Worker, UW School of Social Work, Seattle, WA
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the definition of Military Sexual Trauma, its prevalence rates and risk factors.
- Discuss the contextual difference of MST from other sexual traumas and how that can inform Best Practices.
- Select and use appropriate pharmacologic treatments for PTSD including recognition of the limitations and side effects of each and variance in published treatment guidelines.
- Watch the presentation.
- Submit an evaluation.
- Complete coursework by the expiration date (We'll remind you 60 days out.)
- 1.25 Contact hours
- 1.25 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level