On-Demand Program | Neuropsychotropic Drug Therapy 2021
This on-demand program is designed as a neuropsychotropic pharmacology update at the advanced practice level. Sessions focus on current recommendations and controversies regarding drug therapy for common neuropsychiatric health issues and include appropriate pharmacotherapeutic principles and recommendations for patient and family education. Teaching methods include video, PDF handout and case analysis.
For psychiatric nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, nurses, pharmacists and other interested healthcare professionals.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, participants will be better able to:
- Describe risks of untreated depression and anxiety during pregnancy and postpartum for mothers and children.
- To describe the principles of prescribing antidepressants in the perinatal period.
- Understand unique features of psychiatric conditions and their treatment in ASD/DD.
- Know how and why to look for hyperarousal symptoms after chronic stress and trauma.
- Update on Tardive Dyskinesia and its Treatment.
- Describe a comprehensive approach to managing behavioral disturbance in a patient with dementia.
Psychopharmacology for Depression During Pregnancy and Postpartum - Amritha Bhat, MBBS, MD, MPH
Bipolar Depression Psychopharm Update - Ryan Kimmel, MD
Psychopharmacology for Adults with Autism - Gary Stobbe, MD
COVID, Chronic Stress and Trauma - Rebecca Hendrickson, MD, PhD
New Medications in Movement Disorders - Shu-Ching Hu, MD, PhD
Managing Behavioral Health Needs of Patients with Dementia - Gail Li, MD, PhD
- 7.20 Contact hours
- 7.20 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level