Online Education | Update in Neuroscience 2018
For healthcare professionals including all level of nurses and other professionals involved in the care of persons with nervous system dysfunction in a variety of outpatient and inpatient clinical settings.
Get your annual update in new research and guidelines, evidence-based practice and the art of neuroscience nursing practice. Choose from a variety of topics, or take the whole set for a discounted price. Topics are presented by regional and national experts, and teaching methods include lecture, discussion and case study analysis.
- Acute on Chronic Pain Management Debra Gordon
- Advances in Management of Migraine Donald Bright
- Neurologic Disorders and Vocational Re-Engagement Robert Fraser
- Neuroscience and the Brain in the Environment of War: PTSD, TBI and Other Consequences Stephen Hunt
- Update in Neuro-oncology Lynne Taylor
- The State of the Art in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Jeffrey Roh
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Describe the advantages and the disadvantages, inclusion and exclusion criteria, and history and future development of minimally invasive spine surgery.
- Recognize the WHO pathology update 2016.
- Describe changes in brain mechanisms that result from the trauma of war.
- Explain status of work access and challenges among major neurological disability groups.
- Describe the proposed mechanism of migraine.
- Watch or listen to one or more presentations.
- Complete a short evaluation for each presentation.
- Finish all activities by the activity expiration date. (We'll remind you 60 days out.)
Donald Bright, MD
Staff Neurologist, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA
Robert T. Fraser, PhD, MPA, CRC
Professor and Director, Neurology Vocational Services Unit, UW/Harborview Medical Center
Debra B. Gordon, DNP, RN, FAAN
Co-Director, Harborview Integrated Pain Care Program, Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, UW Medicine and Harborview Medical Center
Stephen C. Hunt, MD
Director, Deployment Health Clinic, VAPSHCS, Seattle, WA
Jeffrey S. Roh, MD, MBA, MSc
Chief Medical Officer and Co-founder, IntuitiveX, Seattle, WA; Director, Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, Swedish Neuroscience Institute, Seattle, WA
Lynne P. Taylor, MD
Co-director of the Alvord Brain Tumor Center, UW Medicine/UWMC
Patricia A. Blissitt, PhD,ARNP-CNS,CCRN,CNRN,SCRN,CCNS,CCM ACNS-BC
Neuroscience Clinical Nurse Specialist, Harborview Medical Center and UW Medicine, Seattle; Neuroscience Clinical Nurse Specialist, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle; Clinical Associate Professor, BNHS, UW School of Nursing, Seattle
Joni B. Herrington, MN, CRRN, SCRN, CNRN, ACNS-BC
Clinical Nurse Specialist, Neuroscience and Rehabilitation, UW Medicine/UWMC Clinical Support Resources, Seattle
Judy Ozuna, MN, BSN
Nurse Practitioner, Neurology, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle; Affiliate Assistant Professor, Clinical Faculty, BNHS, UW School of Nursing, Seattle
Hilaire J. Thompson, PhD, RN, CNRN, FAAN, ARNP
Professor and Graduate Program Director, UW School of Nursing, Seattle
Disclosures for this educational offering: (What is this?)
- Robert T. Fraser: Consulting, Speaking & Teaching—UCB, Inc.
- Jeffrey Roh: Royalty—Stryker; Intellectual Property Rights—IntuitiveX; Major Stock Shareholder—IntuitiveX, Advanced Biologies, Artoss; Consulting, Speaking & Teaching—Stryker, J&J
- 7.30 Contact hours