Online Education | Neuroscience 2018 | Acute on Chronic Pain
Management of Acute Pain in the Presence of Chronic Pain and Opioid Tolerance
Debra B. Gordon, DNP, RN, FAAN
Co-Director, Harborview Integrated Pain Care Program, Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
UW Medicine/Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- List at least three principles of managing acute pain in patients with chronic pain.
- Discuss perioperative opioid management in opioid tolerant patients.
- Discuss potential prevention of chronic pain andcomplex regional pain syndrome.
- Watch or listen to the presentation.
- Submit an evaluation.
- Complete coursework by the expiration date (We'll remind you 60 days out.)
- 1.30 Contact hours