Online Education | UW Wound Academy | Lower Extremity Venous Wounds
This module focuses on assessment strategies and treatment objectives for lower extremity venous wounds.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this module, you will be better able to:
- Describe the basic pathophysiology of venous wounds.
- Identify the distinguishing characteristics of venous wounds.
- Discuss the major treatment objectives for venous wounds.
- Classic signs and symptoms of venous disease
- Pathophysiology of chronic venous insufficiency
- Noninvasive vascular assessment
- Locating pulses
- Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) procedure
- Segmental pressure recordings
- Diagnostic studies
- Clinical features
- Treatment recommendations (compression, adjunctive therapies, topical therapy)
- 1.50 Contact hours