Online Education | UW Wound Academy | Wound Infection
This module focuses on wound infection and infection treatment in the context of past and current knowledge, research and experience.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this module, you will be better able to:
- Explain the terminology related to wound infection.
- Discuss differences between inflammation and infection.
- Identify myths related to wound infection.
- List different types of wound infection.
- Discuss different methods for preventing wound infection.
- Describe outcomes related to infection.
- Explain the relevance of bacterial resistance to the treatment of wound infections.
- Discuss the treatment of infection.
- Introduction to infection management
- History of infection treatment
- Infection terminology
- Infection definition
- Inflammatory wounds
- Infection myths
- Types of wound infection
- How to diagnose infection
- Preventing infection
- Which bacteria cause wound infections?
- The results of infection
- Bacterial resistance
- How to treat infection
- 1.50 Contact hours