Online Education | UW Wound Academy | The Role of Collagen in Wound Healing
This module explores collagen, matrix metalloproteases and normal wound healing, determining if a wound is a chronic wound, acute wound healing versus chronic wound healing, TIME and wound bed preparation, and functions of collagen dressings in wound healing.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this module, you will be better able to:
- Discuss the role of collagen and matrix metalloproteases in chronic wounds.
- Describe the differences between acute and chronic wounds.
- Discuss the TIME principles of wound management.
- Collagen, matrix metalloproteases and normal wound healing
- When is a wound chronic?
- Acute wound healing versus chronic wound healing
- TIME and wound bed preparation
- Function of collagen dressings in wound healing
- 1.50 Contact hours