Online Education | Pediatric Drug Therapy 2019: Chomp - Animal Bites and Their Treatment
Chomp: Animal Bites and Their Treatment
In this module, find out what to do when an animal bites!
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Discuss common bites and treatment.
- Identify when to suture a bite wound.
- Identify when to use antibiotics for bites.
- Identify common complications from bites.
- Discuss rabies and tetanus prophylaxis.
Megan Spangler, BSN, MS, ARNP, CPNP
PNP, Seattle Childrens ER Dept., Seattle Childrens Hospital, Seattle
- 1.00 Contact hours
- 1.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level